(the artiste formerly known as *45 Minutes To Forever*)

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Can you stop the bombs please?!

This is not about Iraq.

It is about bombing my mailbox with forwarded e-mail that goes 'this-is-so-bloody-funny', 'you-will-die-or-rot-in-hell-if-you-don't-send-this-to-millions', 'you-are-a-heartless-bastard-if-you-hit-delete', 'you-are-my-mostest-bestest-friend-in-the-whole-galaxy' and tons of other tripe. I will not have it. I am a sucker for funny, and I do appreciate the odd tidbit from friends, but I hate people picking up my address from someone else's list to send me arbitrary mailings or just hitting 'forward' because they don't want to die because they didn't. Hate is the word. I will tell you (and badly) that your unsolicited mass mailing is not appreciated. I know you think of me and it makes me very happy. It would make me much happier if you didn't hit 'forward' every time you did.

P.S. You could shout the title of this post in the manner of Richard O'Brien in Crystal Maze - "Can you start the fans please?!" (Ping me if you need a crash course in '90s television appreciation.)

12 comments:

MS CUTE PANTS said...

I second that!

Although, you know I send you the good stuff & none of that other crap...

Ketaki said...

Faye, you have brought to your blog my deepest, darkest, most-hated email type. I HATE them too. And I HATE it that when I tell people (close friends, family, not-so-close friends, distant family) to stop sending me any, they're either heartbroken, or write back saying, "I always send you the good stuff."
No offense to ~ ms. cute pants~

Ketaki said...

Oh and LOVE LOVE LOVE CRYSTAL MAZE, although I never admit that in public, made an exception for you ;)

fortyfiveminutes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
fortyfiveminutes said...

aww...i'm going to start an 90s-TV-Withdrawal Therapy Group ...sigh..those really were the days!

Ajith Alexander said...

I thought the bald guy was waaaaaay more entertaining than the other guy on Crystal Maze...is the bald guy Richard O'Brien?
aa

MS CUTE PANTS said...

Oh Ketaki, if you knew me...I really do only send the good stuff. Faye can vouch for me...right Faye???

f said...

yes darling...the bald guy *is* Richard O'Brien...you really do need to sign up for that course, you 80s-born baby

f said...

who is the *other* guy BTW?

Saritha said...

Whose comment did you delete?
Sorry I am desperate. lol

Ajith Alexander said...

YOU need to sign up for the 90s course :D

Wikipedia tells me that the ++hair guy's name was Ed Tudor-Pole. He wasn't half as good. Wasn't able to get you all worked up into a frenzy about the time running out for the crystal to be picked up!

aa

f said...

sari: it was my own comment i deleted - i hit 'enter' before i was finished
aa: oh him! yes, i agree he was quite crap

She Knows You're Here

Search This Blog