(the artiste formerly known as *45 Minutes To Forever*)

Thursday, March 20, 2008

I am Racing for Life

I am so not the sporty type, but I thought a 5k run/walk/skip/hop/roll/whatever may be good for my body because it's exercise and my soul because it will give me something to work towards. I think the Race for Life is a fun way to get involved in the movement to fight cancer and who better to do it than my cancer clinical trials sort!

I clicked "Submit" on my entry form for the race and it dawned on me. This is the first time in my life I have committed to some sort of sporting activity and it is scary! I don't know how it will all go, but I am going to give it my best shot. I will put up training updates so you can 'virtually' countdown to the race, huffing and puffing with me.

Here's my page on the Race for Life 2008 website. Dig deep and see if you can spare me a buck or two and I'll see you there!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i did it a couple of years back. it's realllly easy!

Good luck!

fortyfiveminutes said...

Thanks Broom. Easy for you...for me, only time will tell. Wish me luck.

Anonymous said...

way to go, girl! i have always wanted to do one but never had the guts. i really admire your determination. i am sure you will crack it!

Anonymous said...

yay! i see that you have already hit your target for the fund raising.

She Knows You're Here

Search This Blog