(the artiste formerly known as *45 Minutes To Forever*)

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Did you think I'd forget?

Two years on, it's all still so vivid.

I remember celebrating your 73rd with you, by your hospital bed, grateful and glad that you had made it. You were in tremendous pain but you kept your big-toothed smile on. I was proud of you, proud of us. We had weathered the storm, together. Little did I know then how much our lives would change in the next ten days.

You've missed so much you know. I'm a big girl now. We bought our own home and I can cook even! You would be so proud of me. I know you are proud of me, wherever you are. When I sit in the garden, enjoying the sunshine, listening to the birds, I know you're there, watching, taking it all in, smiling.

It's ironic how two of your most significant anniversaries happen to be in the same month. Yet I choose to 'celebrate' only this one, and that's how it's always going to be. Happy 75th Papa. I still miss you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hugs

Anonymous said...

lots of hugs, f.

Anonymous said...

a BIG hug

fortyfiveminutes said...

Ta @ Broom, Chakli and Shamly.

Elfin Goddess said...

Hugs there girl! From J and me. We visited your dad's grave and Ja's before we came here. Ja misses your papa too- i always hear the affection in his voice whenever he speaks of him :) :)

MS CUTE PANTS said...

Oh F!!! That is such a beautiful tribute. Bless his soul.
Thank you for sharing.

Savionix said...

Huge Hug. I miss you too papa ... and I wish you were still around..

She Knows You're Here

Search This Blog