(the artiste formerly known as *45 Minutes To Forever*)

Monday, November 21, 2011

The First Day Of The Rest Of His Life


The tears came easy and fast as we stepped out of the door at home and I could barely see where I was going with them streaming down my face. I told him he was going to be okay and that Mamma was also hopefully going to be okay. I told him how this was going to be a great learning experience for him and us. I took Noah to his first settling in session at his nursery/crèche today. I knew it would be hard, but I wasn't prepared for the belly blow it turned out to be. 

I sat in the same room watching him play, and be a friendly, smiley, sociable person, and marvelled at how much of a personality he has begun to show. I watched in amazement how he functioned as a little person, independent of me, and it filled my heart with great pride and joy. 

His father and I have been his primary caregivers since he came into the world, and here we are now, ready (or wanting to be) to hand over his care for a large part of his waking hours to someone else. I feel a huge mixture of emotions - excitement, apprehension, wistfulness, guilt and happiness. It hurts more than I imagined it would. I know he'll thrive with all the stimulation, develop great relationships, and learn things we couldn't possibly teach him all by ourselves. I know we'll have good days and bad days, but I hope and pray that, overall, it will be a positive experience for him and us. 

Here's to you and nursery, Noah. Mamma will miss you sorely during the day, and she is very, very, very proud of you!

6 comments:

Kochukandhari said...

oh its tough! still as you say, hopefully it will be almost a home away from home.
proud of you too!

Shamly said...

awwwww...HUGS to Noah. :) So F, you going back to work?

fortyfiveminutes said...

Thank you Beks. Please tell me it will get better!

I will pass your hugs on Shamly. Yes, I go back to work in the first week of January. Hey, we are in Kerala from the 27th of December to the 5th of January - will you chaps be around? We'd love to see you, especially Noah!

~j~ said...

Awww! Proud of you and Noah... I'm sure you both will do really well. Give that little gentleman a big hug from me. :)

Shamly said...

Just saw your message.We will be here and would love to meet Noah...errr..and you guys too ;)A should have our number.

Cheap Flights to London said...

For cheap flights to London please visite my website .. you will find a lot of offerts ..

She Knows You're Here

Search This Blog