(the artiste formerly known as *45 Minutes To Forever*)

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Kahaani Mein Twist

Famous last words they say... (and oh my god! I have learnt to edit HTML to insert a link! what am I?!!!)

I had been trying to get through to the folksters after we zeroed in on Plaza, to check if all was well and we could go ahead with the advance payment. They weren't home and wouldn't answer the mobile. At about 8 pm last evening then, the mumster called and guess what?! we had a new high-drama situation on our hands! They have a special friend they would really like to be there for the Kochi ceremony, thinks a Thursday is not the best idea for a wedding day (it was to be on Thursday, December 29) and suggested Monday, December 26 instead, it being a feast of Mother Mary and a more
propitious (gosh! this is fun!) day to bless a wedding. This left the folksters making frantic calls to the reception venue there, asking if our alternative date was available. A few more phonecalls back and forth later, it was confirmed that the place was indeed available. So the folksters called to check if it was okay with us to bring the wedding date forward to the 26th - I checked with my folks and they agreed (with much less ado compared to yesterday) and everything was all good (again). I let the mumster know it was cool so she could go ahead with the other arrangements.

But wait, all's not ending well just yet....one more little kahaani mein twist. Now, put your math cap on. If the Kochi wedding is brought forward by three or so days, it means the folksters have fly in that much earlier and in turn go back that much earlier. So eventually, even January 6 might be too late to push the Mumbai reception to. The redeeming grace here is that we still haven't paid Plaza the advance and when I go to do that this morning, I am going to check for earlier dates and everything else, in terms of the package they're putting together for us, will stay the same. The folksters are cool with whatever we can manage best and so we are eventually all good.

Another day, another dollar...more like another date...ah well...I know one person who's so excited by the date, it's more than hilarious! :)) and thinking about it, like we discussed, December 26 any year does have a lot going for it:
- it's just after Christmas so you cannot forget it even if you tried
- it's just after Christmas so you don't have to worry about cooking
- it's just after Christmas so you might get away with only one present
- it's just after Christmas and is usually a paid holiday the world over

With all this going for our wedding date, I'm worried about stealing JC's show! (he does have a sense of humour, so don't you fret now :))

So here's to December 26, 2006.....and I'm sorry about how long this post has been...and I even woke up early to write it undisturbed...sigh..the things I do for you....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't believe how tickled pink I am that it will be on the 26th. Boxing-day marriage anniversary.

JC's show ! How sacrilegously funny. You RC's haven't been taught to respect JC ?

Hmmm... I am glad that the dates have been worked out.. for everyone i.e.

Anonymous said...

Hey blogaboo .. With just three updates, I'm enjoying the 'istorical progression.. we want updates :)

cheers
-a dot a

(I am the ONLY a dot a)

She Knows You're Here

Search This Blog