(the artiste formerly known as *45 Minutes To Forever*)

Saturday, July 23, 2005

No Grapes and I'm Still Smiling

As it turns out, January 9, 2006 is not as good as we would have liked...so no Joseph's.

So my mission for today was to check Avion's Lawns and talk to the talkshop Banquets Manager, Jehangir :) ...they have available all the dates in our preferred window.....so fingers and toes crossed again (I don't remember uncrossing them from the last time, but all the same).

A whole night of live anxiety and a morning full of online aggravation later (no, he doesn't fret about the details at all!), mommie and moi went to Avion in the afternoon....and oh my god can Jehangir talk?!!....upshot (can you call a not-so-good summary an upshot?) being, the place is pokey and basically a converted car park...looks okayish with the fairy lights, etc. but I can't take the car park picture out of my head...oh and the food is served in a basement in the superduper "I configuration", if you please ... This apparently was Jeh's brainchild and one that still hasn't left home! And yes, he's "conceptualizing" some "grape light clusters" for the "beautiful" trees (read some wayward shrubbery) around the place...sigh...I was almost sad and told him I'd pay him the advance tomorrow after I checked the dates were good with the family.

On the way back home from there, Mum had an idea and said we could go check Plaza Banquets again, which is so much closer to home and lovely on the inside....we went in and something fell into place in my head...the mac manager was more relaxed...took us through the place explained everything...and it now seems pretty good...we also managed to work out a good deal on the pricing and the stuff he could throw for it and it's all looking great again! yay! :) He's got 6th of January, Friday, available...so we recheck with home base and we're ready to go....i'm feeling much better than last night (no, and it's not thanks to you)

I will miss Jeh and his grapes but what the heck...Plaza it shall be.

More updates on a to-do list for tomorrow later....and merci for the comments...like I've said before...this is what we live for!

Oh and Aju, you'll find out the story behind the blog title someday...all in good time.

No comments:

She Knows You're Here

Search This Blog