(the artiste formerly known as *45 Minutes To Forever*)

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Do you have a girlfriend? (also the title of a very annoying Billie Piper song)

I need to find someone who is at the same place in life as me, shares my angst, bitches with me, shops with me, gets mad at me and with me, laughs at me and makes me laugh, who doesn’t make me feel ashamed and weak when I cry, hugs me and likes being hugged back, and who can be on my speed dial. A proper ‘girlfriend’ is what I miss more every day since finding the love of my life, marrying him and moving to another country – lovers can be friends, but it helps to have friends you’re not sleeping with, to keep you sane.

P.S.1. Here are the lyrics to the song - you know you want them.

P.S.2. I am not sure a 'boyfriend' will do, though that's what I've had for most of my life.

4 comments:

Ketaki said...

I hear you babe. I think it's our most essential accessory - to have a girlfriend. I recently reunited with one old one after years and I have to say it's been the best thing I've done so far this year.

Saritha said...

I second that. I am desperate for one. And for some reason I feel the need for that person to be desi. Similar bitch-sense I presume.

Jackie said...

I liked dis entry. Nice. Not many women who're hitched realise d importance of their gfrnds. :)

Elfin Goddess said...

U're my girl! I miss u and suji and sonia sooooo much! And if we move here i s'pose I will miss everyone more. I too have had more BFs than GFs. But nothing can ever take the place of a best gal!

She Knows You're Here

Search This Blog