(the artiste formerly known as *45 Minutes To Forever*)

Monday, August 15, 2005

As I Was Saying....

I got my cousin, Savio (mum's brother's son), to bring over his bandhgala for Papa to try out, and look how good that experiment turned out! Is my daddy handsome or what?! (And, oh my god! I can now upload photos and even resize and orient them!!) So, Nehru Jacket (I'm learning, the hard way, that sometimes, the best way, is the middle way) it shall be for Dad. His two-shops-half-day trip is planned for tomorrow and we're going to Dadar (for dot - more than one two thirds of the way from Churchgate to Bandra) to Savio's tailor and then coming to Bandra to check out a pair of shoes for dad.

With that out of the way, so to speak, I'll let you in on an interesting project that I would like to enlist your help with. Me and the boy were talking the other day and suddenly somehow figured we didn't have an "our song". Now, I think that's almost tragic and particularly when dot was such a darling to agree to do a little slow dancing ("only if you teach me"). So that's where you come in, particularly you, nodot (dot please don't whinge). You have to help me find an "our song" so that we can (a) show off about always having had a song and (b) do a little jig at the party. Speaking of songs, I have been talking to Allister about someone for the music - he suggested a few names and the kind of music they'd have. I guess we should be good if we can pick the major portion of the music for the evening and let the guy ad lib with the rest. So that's a new "to do" item.

And yes, I wore a saree to church today, and it looked nice (as dot so eloquently put it). The pictures I ended up with were ultra-crappy; so even if it did look good, it's no use, in post mortem. That reminds me to fix an appointment with the photographer when dot is in town so he can go with me and more because I then have my ass covered for all the future "it's all your fault" conversations :))

Nodot, I am extremely sorry about the tee; I am fast losing faith in my ability to pick the right thing - or did I ever have it?

Oh and there is just one more project to talk of before I go - our invitation card. I guess having a separate ones for Kochi and Mumbai will make the inviting less complicated. Let me know what you think and I am also taking suggestions for what the text of the invites should be. I must add here that dot has been more than forthcoming with ideas that I am "obligated" to listen to; sigh...to learn to be be a wife!

While coming up for air as I type this, I'm up to some nifty thingie in another window. Keep watching this space...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Plllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease can ur 'ur song' be 'Love Me Like a Song'? If u havent heard it, I ll gmail it to u.....its soooo beautiful.

As for the invites, daddy and mummy were actually asking me to talk to u both and help come up with something for it too. The design n stuff, we shud be able to come up with something nice. With two die hard photoshoppers, how bad can it be? :P Maybe we can put one of dot's pics on there.

Awright, too much to write in a comment. So i ll discuss it when we call. But lemme know about the song.

She Knows You're Here

Search This Blog