(the artiste formerly known as *45 Minutes To Forever*)

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Masters, Mistresses and Wedding Bells

My search for the emcee took me through virtually all the ads in The Examiner (Cathotlic magazine with a weird name) with pictures of bow-tied and/or suited gentlemen peddling their talkability (sic) and skill at "making your event memorable". One of my calls was to a certain Mr Mendonca who came across as well-spoken and affable, and, the biggest thing, he was available on our function date. He said he'd like to meet both of us, which I explained might not be possible just now because of dot being away. So I agreed to meet him the next day at his Juhu (for dot - I live to the east of Santacruz station and Juhu is in the west) residence. The meeting was nice - both he and his wife (who he said was his partner in planning) are very kind and warm - they are both teachers - but I still cannot get over how strangely dump-like their place looked - and I don't mean cluttered. But they were very very cooperative and forthcoming, and that was such a change from the others I had spoken to. This means we finally have an emcee - yay!

The other thingie I did was to go and pick up the invitation card samples from Wedding Bells; I will post a picture and also send it across to the folksters and nodot - oh yes, and dot too (wink) :)

Mommie and Papa are going to pick the bandhgala today - so Papa can try it and see if any more fitting alterations need to be made - so that too gets done today and can be struck off the list.

To-Do Today:
- Check with Lillian about the Gulfair buddy tickets.
- Check with anybody about discounted tickets (what are friends for after all?!).
- Update "Wedding" Excel sheet :)
- Try to work on an "our wedding" website - I'm more than at sea with this - to think that a few days ago I felt like the next big thing in webpage design :(

Till later then darlings....

No comments:

She Knows You're Here

Search This Blog