(the artiste formerly known as *45 Minutes To Forever*)

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

When Nothing and Everything Happens

Yesterday was just one of those days....I didn't manage to get anything significant done - not that I had anything major in mind. I did go shopping for a gift for AMR, whose birthday it is tomorrow; didn't get an appropriate gift for her but I did manage to find a great place that would tailor the bandhgala for Papa and he's going to let me know when he can make the trip to the tailor with moi. So that's good; and I didn't forget I had to pick you something too nodot - don't you worry :)

I had a pretty significant late evening though, where I learnt a valuable lesson about not letting my head take over my heart - something I thought I already knew, but evidently didn't :) Ah well, shit happens and sometimes you're unpleasantly surprised.
You live, you learn (with all due respect to Ms. Morissette - great great song, incidentally).

Today, I have to work all morning and I'll probably spend the evening with AMR celebrating her birthday. I am going to be led by my heart :)

I can almost see nodot losing it a little bit at this point in the blog with my abstract (to him) philosopy. Big hug. You can unfurrow your brow now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

FYI for the astute reader of this page. The crude 'bandhgala' which translates to closed neck word can be more eloquently replaced with 'Nehru Jacket', which alludes to our dapper first prime minister.

BTW, I really liked the Nehru jacket foto you sent me. How much does it cost to make one ? I'll sponsor the budder's sherwani !

f said...

for the even more astute commenter (sic) - the word bandhgala is not crude and is the authentic word for the style. A Nehru jacket on the other hand may have the same collar style but is more of a "sherwani" which is supposed to end at the knees and accompanied by the chudidar or jodhpuri pants.

Also, I won't tell you how much it costs and the brudder's "bandhgala" or "kurta pyjama" (depending on what he chooses) is my gift to him...don't spoil it :)

Anonymous said...

:D I m touched that everyone's fighting over who'll get to baandh my gala. ANyhoo...guess what? I m commenting from istanbul airport with my fancy new laptop. I'm pretending to be one of the airport hotel patrons and stealing their wireless while attempting to look very dignified about it. I EVEN went and enquired at the front desk as to when their lunch buffet closes.

The flight was fairly uneventful and the food was actually decent.

But anyway, I ve got about 7 more hours to soak in the cultural richness of the Turkish dutyfree with its discounted BudLight 6 packs and tax free jumbo snickers bags.

If u guys see this comment within the next 6 hours, pleeeeeeeease come online. I'm already bored to tears.
aa

Anonymous said...

We're waiting for an update darling :)

She Knows You're Here

Search This Blog